When to contact me by text, email, or phone:
- After doctor/midwife appointments
- If there is anything you'd like to discuss or if you have non-medical concerns
- Texts and emails are fine for updates, but when it pertains to labor, please CALL!
When to call me:
- If your water leaks or breaks
- When you experience regular contractions, felt low in the pelvis and/or back, 10 minutes apart or less for more than an hour. If it is in the middle of the night and you are able to get back to sleep, you don't need to call (but can if you'd like).
- When you have 3 contractions in a row that are significantly stronger and/or closer together than the previous ones (even if we just spoke a few minutes ago)
- If/when you decide to leave for the hospital/birth center or, if having a home birth, when you've asked your midwife to join you
When will I join you?
When you feel the need for additional help. Typically this is when contractions are 5 minutes apart or less, lasting more than 45 seconds, and strong enough that you are working hard.